|INJURIES, ACHES, AND PAINS
Healthy Knees - Tips for avoiding knee injuries and exercises to strengthen leg muscles.
Do your shins ache? - You are not alone.
Walking can be a pain in the foot - Common foot problems.
How to Prevent Blisters and Chafing - Take preventative measures to protect yourself from blisters and chafing.
ICE BATHS FOR POST WALK RECOVERY
Many endurance athletes use ice baths or "cold water immersion" after a hard or long workout to assist with recovery. The consensus is that the cold will help reduce inflamation, swelling, and soreness, and speed up recovery. I have read recently that some studies agree with this conclusion while others disagree. All I know is that it works for me and most of my ultra running friends.
1) Fill a tub with enough water to cover your legs and lower body
2) Get some reading material or good music
3) Wear something warm on your upper body and sip on a warm beverage
4) Sit in the tub and add ice as tolerable
5) Remain in the tub for 10 to 20 minutes. If you begin to feel any numbess you should get out sooner.
FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
JOIN THE WALKING SITE COMMUNITY